Custom Search
Corvette - An American Dream: Navigating

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Navigating

I know what you're thinking. "What's up with this guy? Yesterday we had a picture of a big wave, and today it's a sailing ship." Well, I just liked the photos.

What I'm going to talk about today doesn't have anything to do with GPS, surfing, ships, or sailing. It's all about what's here, what it does, and how to find what you're looking for.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm HTML challenged. I'm in uncharted waters. Figuring out how to arrange everything on this page remains a continual learning experience. It reminds me of when I was trying to figure out how to disengage the Active Handling and Traction Control on my Vette so I could spin the tires. The gurus at Corvette Forum came to my rescue, again, on that issue. However, I'm on my own with this adventure. Hopefully, I'll make it through the storm and into the calm water before long.

So let's weigh anchor and set sail. Just so you know, I've rearranged a few items, and added a couple more. I wanted to explain that so you wouldn't think you had wandered into the wrong site. First of all, I've moved the Classic Car of the Day to the very bottom. Not because it isn't something interesting to see every day, but because, if it's something you look forward to, you're going to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see it. (Heh Heh.)

There were two reasons for that move: It looked better, and I thought you might find some things along the way you might miss otherwise. Things like all those great-looking Corvettes along the left sidebar. Those beauties belong to the Corvette Forum gang — individually, not as a group. And there will probably be more of them to come. So keep your eyes open for that as you scroll down.

Secondly, I've added a Followers gadget. It's just to the left of where this post starts. If you want to be included among the Corvette Lovers Group, just click on it and follow the instructions. It's pretty simple, and it's free. Free is good.

The other thing I added was a Feed thingy. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but it's my understanding that if you click on it, a drop down menu pops open and you can click on "Yahoo" or "Google" or one of several other feeds that automatically alert you when something is added to this site. I could be totally out in left field about that, (who's on first?) but that's the way I understood it. If you're brave, click it and see what happens. If your computer explodes, let me know so I don't click it.

You'll also see some ads on here for Corvette related items and services. I told them they could put a few of them on here when they explained that they pay me something when viewers click on them. I'm not counting much on that, but it was free and I thought, what the heck. It might help someone find something they want or need. So if you see something that looks interesting feel free to click it and see if takes you anywhere. Also try that Google Search thing at the very top left and let me know if it takes you to someplace that isn't related to Corvettes. It's not supposed to.

I also removed that Coupon graphic. The reason I put it on here in the first place was because it would give you the gas prices at all the service stations in your area, by zip code. If any of you were using it and you want it back, let me know. I'll paste it back on here for you.
Finally, I would love to hear your comments, questions, suggestions, stories, things about your Corvette, or your dream to own one. And I'll preface the following with an apology to each of you for not explaining it sooner. At the bottom of each daily post you will see a line of type that begins "Posted by" and ends with "Comments." If you click on the "Comments" link it will allow you to reply. You need to have a Google account (again free) to log in. If you don't have a Google account, not to worry. You can set one up right there on that page, and you're good to go. I get a little short of breath when I have to do all the talking. I know you're out there. I can hear you breathing. But I don't know what you're thinking unless you speak up. So take a turn.

And that's about all I have to say about that. Here's wishing each of you a great Wednesday! If the weather's nice, pull the cover off that beauty in the garage, climb into that classy leather seat, turn the key and hear that sound you love. Then drive it around a little before the gas prices start going up and the snow starts coming down. And don't forget your seat belt.

No comments: