Custom Search
Corvette - An American Dream: Love that Meguiar's

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Love that Meguiar's

Summer has arrived and it's time to keep that Corvette sparkling and shiny with a good coat of wax. I know each of you has your favorite detailing products. Or maybe you don't, and you're looking for suggestions. Well, here's mine. I love Meguiar's products. They make everything I need for giving my Vette a deep, lustrous shine and protecting it from the elements.

Here's my procedure:

Since I don't drive my Vette in the rain (yes, I'm one of those guys) I rarely need to wash it. When I'm not driving it, it stays protected in my garage under its car cover. But it still needs some care on a regular basis to keep that shine going on.

My first step when I bought the car was to use a claybar. You may not think it's necessary, but I assure you it will make a difference in the depth of the shine you can achieve. The secret is not to scrimp on spraying that lubricating spray. Otherwise your claybar will stick to the paint. No damage, but just a little troublesome to get it unstuck.

Secondly, I use Meguiar's Step 2 Polish. You apply it like wax. And here's a point I'm adamant about. Always use a microfiber towel unless you want to end up with swirls in the paint.

After Meguiar's Step 2 Polish, I apply the Meguiar's Showcar Glaze. Same procedure. And I finish it off with Meguiar's Gold Class Wax. That's it. I'm done. I do the whole car by hand.
So enjoy polishing your Vette, no matter what product you prefer. Just remember to use those microfiber towels.
You'll be happy you did.



2 comments:

cheapsk8mom said...

I don't have a car nice enough to do all of those steps, but I do like the Meguiars quick detail i think it's called. that stuff's golden.

Michael said...

Hey mom,

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the comment. I love the quick detailer, too.

Michael