Custom Search
Corvette - An American Dream: Watch those potholes!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Watch those potholes!


One thing you have to be very careful of when driving a Corvette, or any other sports car that sits close to the ground, is potholes.

Actually, you need to be careful in any vehicle when it comes to holes in the road surface, especially at higher speeds.

Here are a couple that appear to be quite dangerous and capable of inflicting serious damage to your undercarriage.

I don't know about you, but I know this would slow me down! I see myself slowing down, trying to "straddle" the hole, then breathing again when I cleared it without hitting it!

But they're not really holes. They're actually a clever, new idea to slow traffic down. Actually much better than the old concrete or asphalt humps or speed bumps we all remember. It looks like these would jar your dentures loose if you drove into one.

So if you're driving along and see something that looks like anything in these pictures, just be careful. If you think they're the fake ones you've seen on here, and just drive carelessly over them, you might be surprised.

It could be the real thing.


No comments: